Friday, March 1, 2013

Shrines

After Holiday Market, I took a short break from beading and made some shrines.
These are the little $1 wooden birdhouses that you can get at Michaels or JoAnn's for painting.
I used my Dremel to cut open the front and sanded it a bit to look a little more rustic. Then painted or varathaned it and added bits and bobs to complete it.
I get the cool little skulls from a local lady who makes them out of clay. At first glance they look like pebbles.
This little sea shrine is one of my favorites.
Now I am done with shrines for a bit and I am working on the kid's altered books. I started them a few years ago and when I had cancer, I was thinking, "wouldn't it be awful if I died before I finished their books". So now I am working full steam ahead on Chase's book. More on that later.


3 comments:

  1. How wonderful! I have not seen anything like this before. I loved them all, especially the last one, you are so imaginative and clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Kath. I get bored easily so it is fun to skip back and forth between mediums.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Cenya! These are really terrific! I love them all -

    ReplyDelete