Sunday, September 16, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome.
I seem to reinvent myself every few years and my blogs follow suit. I started out with a blog for my past employers about their resort gardens...




 It was about all things gardenish and the knowledge I had attained over 20 years of horticultural passion.
But then my body couldn't keep up and I settled back into what has always been my first love - Art.


 
I have made altered books, artist's trading cards, shrines, fiber art and more. But my favorite was beadwork. So my next blog was about beadwork.
 

 
 I create beaded brooches... 
 
 
and necklaces... 
 

and barrettes...

 
And I even did some beaded pictures...
 
 
And a clock!
I sell my beadwork at our local Saturday Market and in some galleries and shops. I also have an Etsy shop, but I admit that I don't do much with it. I found that for me I was putting way more time and energy into it than I was getting out of it, but I still have my shop there (Emerald Window) and I keep a few things there. And I have another Etsy shop where I sell bits and bobs and vintage jewelry (Bijoubits).
 
So my beadwork has become my business and my art is my recreation. I muddle around with the artisan crowd and we have little inspiration parties in my studio. I'll be posting pictures of the fun things we all create on this blog also. I hope you check in often and leave comments - I love comments!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing what you and your friends make!

    ReplyDelete